Monday, November 5, 2012

Big, important days!

Today, Monday, November 5th was a good day. We had lunch  at a little country diner we'd never been to before. The food was good, and the company was excellent. My daughter, my best friend, and I had gone to town to have my oil changed, and the tires rotated, all for $23.95. The place was crowded, the young man in charge only had two workers, so I made an appointment to come back another day. We ate at the diner, did a little grocery shopping, and came home.

Tomorrow, Monday, November 6th, will be a great day! A red, white, and blue letter day! Any election needs our votes. The election of the next President of the United States of America, makes it even more incumbent upon us to vote! As we say here in Illinois, vote early, and vote often! I don't care who you're voting for. I only care that you vote! I learned that from my grandfather, the same grandfather I referred to previously in my reviews of Zane Grey's biography of his ancestress, Betty Zane.  Grandaddy was the first member of his family born on American soil, and he consider voting not an honor, not a privilege, but a right and a duty!

! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE ! VOTE !

Thank you, Karen Mabry Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment